Why Donate Blood?
- Blood is the most precious gift that anyone can give to another person — the gift of life.
- It is needed for regular transfusions for people with conditions such as thalassaemia and sickle cell disease and is used to make products such as clotting factors for people with haemophilia.
- There is a constant need for regular blood supply because blood can be stored for only a limited time before use.
- As you know blood cannot be harvested it can only be donated. This means only you can save a life that needs blood.
- Every year India requires 40 million units of 250cc blood out of which only a meager 500,000 of blood units are available.
- Saving a life does not require heroic deeds. You could just do it with a small thought and an even smaller effort by donating.
So, Donate the blood to who requires it. Register here to donate the blood.